7 Best Profitable Small Business Ideas for Kids
Table of Contents (Show / Hide)
We’re diving into the exciting world of kiddie businesses. From being a rockstar content creator, spinning the coolest beats as a DJ, to designing irresistible merch and more, we’ve got the lowdown on the best small business ideas that are not just fun but also profitable! So, grab your notepads and let’s start building your empire. Best small business ideas for kids:
1. Content creator: Embracing the role of a content creator represents a promising small business idea for kids, particularly in today’s digital landscape. It’s estimated that by 2025, the worldwide digital ad expenditure, a significant contributor to content creators’ income, will hit nearly $517 billion, according to Statista. This suggests a fertile environment for monetizing creative content. On platforms like YouTube and TikTok, creators often earn revenue through partnerships, ads, and sponsored content. The success rate in this field is impressive as well: an Influencer Marketing Hub study found that for every dollar spent on influencer marketing (a category many content creators fall into), businesses make an average of $5.78 in return. For children with a passion for sharing their interests and creativity, becoming a content creator can offer not only an engaging pastime but also a potentially profitable venture, given the promising market trends and high success rates.
2. Disc Jockey (DJ): Embracing the role of a DJ is an outstanding small business idea for kids, particularly with the current trend in the entertainment industry. According to a report by Statista, the DJ market in the United States is expected to reach over $4.5 billion by 2025. This reflects a vast expansion of opportunities and a promising future in this field. Besides, the profitability can vary significantly depending on the event and the DJ’s reputation. For instance, a DJ can make anywhere from $50 to $200 per hour at a birthday party or other private events, as per Payscale data. The success rate is also promising, especially for those DJs who can effectively read the crowd and curate playlists that resonate with them. So, for kids who have a knack for music and an understanding of what their peers enjoy, becoming a DJ could be an excellent way to turn their passion into a profitable venture.
3. Merch vendor: Becoming a merch vendor is a highly promising small business idea for kids, especially considering the current trends in the custom merchandise market. According to a report by Allied Market Research, the global custom t-shirt printing market alone is expected to reach $10 billion by 2025. This demonstrates a significant opportunity for kids to monetize their creativity. As for profitability, it can be quite substantial. For example, a custom t-shirt that costs around $5 to make can be sold for $20 or more, providing a hefty profit margin. Furthermore, the success rate is also encouraging. According to a survey by Deluxe, around 70% of small businesses in the merchandise industry survive at least two years. Given these market projections and success rates, kids with a flair for design and an understanding of their peers’ interests can successfully venture into the business of selling school merchandise.
4. Coder: Stepping into coding as a small business can be an excellent idea for kids, particularly in the current global digital climate. According to a report by Grand View Research, the global web development market size was valued at USD 40.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% from 2021 to 2028. This demonstrates a significant opportunity for young coders. Regarding profitability, a freelance web developer can earn between $50 and $100 per hour, according to Salary.com. Moreover, the success rate is promising. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for web developers is projected to grow by 8% from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Therefore, for tech-savvy kids with an interest in coding, starting a coding business could be a viable and profitable avenue, offering them a head start in a rapidly growing industry.
5. Clothing reseller: Becoming a clothing reseller is an excellent small business idea for kids, particularly in light of the current market trends. According to a report by Thred-Up, the secondhand clothing market is projected to hit $64 billion by 2024, indicating a significant opportunity for resale businesses. In terms of profitability, a clothing reseller can make a substantial margin on each item, often buying for a fraction of the price and selling for near retail. For example, a vintage shirt purchased for $5 at a thrift store could easily sell for $20 or more online. Furthermore, the success rate is promising. According to a survey by Shopify, approximately 21% of resale businesses achieve profitability within their first year. Therefore, for kids with an eye for fashion and a knack for finding hidden gems, starting a clothing resale business could offer a fun and potentially profitable venture.
6. Costume-maker: Venturing into costume-making can be an excellent small business idea for kids, especially given the current market trends. According to a report by Allied Market Research, the global costume market is expected to reach $9.75 billion by 2023, demonstrating a significant opportunity for creative young minds. Profitability in this field can be quite high, particularly for custom-made costumes. For instance, a handcrafted costume that costs around $30 to make can sometimes be sold for over $100, offering a substantial profit margin. Moreover, the success rate is encouraging. According to a report by IBISWorld, the costume and party supplies stores industry in the U.S. has seen an annual growth of 0.7% from 2016 to 2021. Hence, for kids who enjoy crafting and have a flair for creativity, starting a costume-making business could be both a fun and potentially profitable venture.
7. Author/illustrator: Embarking on a journey as an author/illustrator presents an excellent small business idea for kids, particularly considering the current market trends. According to a report by Grand View Research, the global book market size was valued at USD 113.1 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% from 2020 to 2027. This demonstrates a significant opportunity for young authors and illustrators. As for profitability, self-published authors can earn up to 70% royalties on Kindle eBook sales, according to Amazon. Furthermore, the success rate is also encouraging. According to a report by Bowker, the total number of self-published titles grew 40% in 2018 to over 1.6 million books. Given these market projections and trends, kids with a passion for storytelling and drawing can successfully venture into the business of writing and illustrating their own books or comics. Conclusion And there you have it, future tycoons! From spinning records as a DJ, designing your very own school merch, to writing and illustrating your comic books, the world of small businesses is your playground. Remember, these aren’t just fun ventures, but stepping stones into a profitable future. So, pick a path that sparks your passion and start your journey to becoming the next big entrepreneur!
News ID : 2785