US claim: Nearly half of Russian forces are in the attack position
CNN quoted a US defense official saying that nearly half of Russian forces surrounding Ukraine are in attack position.
The number of battalion tactical groups has increased to approximately 120-125, with each battalion tactical group comprising of 1,000 troops.
The official who spoke with CNN on the condition of anonymity said the Russian military has continued to move forces toward the border, and within the last 48 hours, the number of forces in attack position has reached 40-50%.
Meanwhile, the Russian destabilization campaign has begun, the official said, with Russia accusing Ukraine of genocide in Donbas, conducting false flag operations, and other actions.
According to the report, on Friday, a military vehicle exploded in the city of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine near the Government House building, the headquarters of the self-declared Donetsk People’s Republic.
Anton Gerashchenko, an advisor to Ukraine’s Interior Minister, called the move “staging and a provocation.”
Earlier on Friday, the Donetsk People’s Republic and the Luhansk People’s Republic, two self-governed regions in eastern Ukraine controlled by Russian-backed separatists, organized the evacuation of civilians to Russia.
Russia promised each refugee would receive 10,000 rubles (around $130) upon arrival in the Rostov region of the country, CNN quoted.
Denis Pushilin, head of the self-proclaimed “Donetsk People’s Republic,” announced the evacuation in a video posted on social media. Leonid Pasechnik, leader of the neighboring self-proclaimed “Luhansk People’s Republic,” gave a similar order.
Pushilin said women, children and the elderly will be evacuated first, and that Russia has prepared facilities for them. Pushilin also alleged that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy was going to order an imminent offensive in the area.
However, Ukraine denied planning any offensive, with Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba saying that “Ukraine does not conduct or plan any such actions in the Donbas.” “We are fully committed to diplomatic conflict resolution only,” he tweeted.
News ID : 243