Tottenham's South Korean forward Son Heung-min was allegedly racially abused by Chelsea fan at Stamford Bridge last weekend
Table of Contents (Show / Hide)
Chelsea on Saturday banned a season ticket holder at Stamford Bridge forever for "racist abuse" against a Tottenham Hotspur player last weekend.
"Following our statement this week on racist abuse at the Tottenham game last Sunday, Chelsea Football Club can confirm that it has identified and banned a season ticket holder indefinitely," Chelsea said in a statement.
Earlier this week, Chelsea said that it launched an investigation as per its "zero tolerance" policy against discrimination and racism, and the club vowed to sanction the individual in a strongest way once they spotted this person.
UK's Sky Sports reported that Tottenham Hotspur's South Korean forward Son Heung-min was allegedly racially abused at Chelsea's home Stamford Bridge in a Sunday league match that ended 2-2.
Generally playing on the left flank, Son is one of the Tottenham regulars since his arrival from Germany's Bayer Leverkusen in 2015.
The 30-year-old football star tallied 131 goals and 75 assists in 328 matches for Tottenham Hotspur.
This is an independent news agency. We are a group of free and independent journalists from around the world who together try to revive human rights. Our mission is to investigate and provide the news and events happening around to reveal truth to you in seven living languages of the world.