US insists it had no involvement in strikes inside of Russia'
Russia alleges that dozens of Ukrainian militants used US-supplied weapons during their attack on Belgorod, forcing an evacuation
Table of Contents (Show / Hide)
The United States claimed that it had no involvement in a recent incursion into Russia which Moscow claimed ended with armed insurgents' defeat, who had crossed the border from Ukraine.
On Monday, parts of Belgorod's border region were under attack which was a major cross-border raids since Ukraine was invaded by Russia last year.
Later, Russia released pictures of damaged or abandoned Western military vehicles, which included US-made Humvees.
However, the US claimed it did not "encourage or enable strikes inside of Russia".
The reports "circulating on social media and elsewhere" which claimed that the invaders had used US-supplied weapons were acknowledged by a state department spokesperson.
Speaking at a press briefing on Tuesday, Matthew Miller said, "I will say that we’re sceptical at this time of the veracity of these reports. As a more general principle, as we’ve said and I believe I said yesterday, we do not encourage or enable strikes inside of Russia, and we’ve made that clear. But as we’ve also said, it is up to Ukraine to decide how to conduct this war."
This is an independent news agency. We are a group of free and independent journalists from around the world who together try to revive human rights. Our mission is to investigate and provide the news and events happening around to reveal truth to you in seven living languages of the world.